LSCI Provides Grief Counseling Services
Grief is a normal and natural process that occurs in response to a loss. Such losses could relate to the death of a loved one, the break-up of a significant relationship, and academic failure or any significant change in one’s life.
Some Responses to Grief and Loss:
- Denial, numbness, and shock
- Guilt – based on things you might have done or did not do
- Physical reaction – disruption to daily routines such as sleeping, eating etc.
- Withdrawal – pulling back from social connections can be common as well
- Spiritual Crisis – may have difficulty finding answers to the question of why this happened
- Feeling Scattered: may have difficulty focusing on their work or daily activities
There is no one way to grieve. Everybody incorporates the experience of a loss in his or her own way. If the healing process becomes too overwhelming, seek professional help. For more information, contact one of our offices to make an appointment with a mental health professional.